Sunday, April 20, 2014

March Wrap-Up (much delayed...)

I walked 100 miles in March! After the miles in Indiana, I did a trip and a half around the Silver Lake trail in Highland, stopping at the Railshake restaurant to warm up with some Gumbo. That left me with just a few miles to hit 100, which I did with a walk around town.

I had finished my goal of 1000 calf raises earlier in the month, but I'd not been as diligent working toward the goal of 1000 body-weight squats and ended up having to do over 100/day for the last week of the month. I did it, but I was tired of squats by the end of that week.

All that walking increased my appetite, though, and poor eating choices over spring break + travel for work got me off track with weight loss, so I didn't hit that goal. The poutine at 20 Tap in Indianapolis was totally worth it, but I should have been paying more attention to my food throughout the month. Counting calories, which I'd done in February, had gotten boring, but I should get back to that since it was working.

I'm not making any grand goals for April. Work is always busy in April, and there's some landscaping that need to be taken care of at home as spring gets into full swing, but I'm sill planning on plenty of weekend hiking with the pack as I get ready for my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment