Tuesday, January 21, 2014

4.5 Mile Hike: Silver Lake

The day after my hike at Castlewood, I went back to Silver Lake and did the quick 4.5 mile trail there. Actually, it wasn't as quick as my last trip there since I had ice, snow, and mud to deal with, but it was still a nice jaunt.


If you're the kind of person who likes stepping on those ice-covered air bubbles that appear in puddles, this was the day for you. I used my poles to stab a bunch of those ice bubbles that had formed along the small creeks and stepped on some in the puddles in low-lying areas. It was quite satisfying.


As there will always be on this trail, there was plenty of noise from the interstate, but this is a trail conveniently close to my house, so even if it's noisy and doesn't have much elevation gain/loss, I'm sure I'll be out on it a few more times this winter.

After a couple of days in a row with a full pack, I'm happy that I'm not very sore. I can feel that my calves have had a workout from the Castlewood hills and my lower back is just a tiny bit stiff, but my feet and everything else feel ok. This hike wasn't very challenging, but I did really push my pace the last mile and a half after I got away from the icy parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment